Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If I had a dollar for every time...

(fill in the blank), I'd be a rich man....you know that familiar saying? Usually, the nickel is used instead of the dollar, but in light of the current economy, I thought dollar was more appropriate. Well what would our fill in the blank be?

Jackson had an ear infection

Yes, Jackson has yet another ear infection. And Jackson doesn't really develop ear infections gradually. They hit him like a ton of bricks with no warning. We go from being a fine happy 2 year old to crying so hard that we cannot catch our breath. Remember the post a while back when we were up all night and Jesus Loves Me was the only comfort? Well this time, even Jesus Loves Me couldn't fix things. Of course this all happened around 10 pm. I called my neighbors to come sit with Luke while I took Jackson to the pediatric after hours where I spent 2 hours in a room with a sobbing little boy. In the meantime, my dear mom got in her car and drove from Atlanta meeting me at the 24 hour pharmacy around 1am. (Could Brad be off night float already?) I honestly don't even remember what my little boy is like when he's not sick. I think we have been on some sort of antibiotic for an ear infection for the past 2 months and he has just not been himself.
I am not by any means anxious for the hot June weather....but can May just be over already?!

No comments: