Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We're back!

Wow, a lot has happened over the past month in a half...I'm not sure how to update everyone on what's been going on in our lives. But I'll try. We have pretty much been gone from Macon since the end of May when we left for our trip to the beach. We went from the beach to live at my parents' house in Atlanta for the month of June while Brad did a transplant rotation at Piedmont Hospital. It was so nice to be close to our family for such a long period of time, but we are glad to be back home, in our house, and surrounded by our friends here in Macon. Here's what you've missed!
We had a wonderful time at the 'new' beach house. While it was a very different type of vacation with 4 children under the age of 4, we made wonderful memories as we always do that I will treasure. Here are some pictures...

The house


Jackson and Allie travelled to the pool in their 'limo' each day


Luke and Mommy under the umbrella


Allie and Jackson with Teddy


Playing with sand


My beachy boy


Just a shot to prove that Brad was in fact there...if only for a few days



Brad and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on June 21st. We spent the weekend at my parents' lake house on Lake Hartwell.

A picture taken from our sunset cruise on the boat
Brad celebrated his 29th birthday on June 24th...next year's the big one!



Luke turned 2 months old! He weighed in at 12 lbs, 10 oz and is 24 inches long. He's smiling, cooing, and sleeping through the night. We are enjoying him so much!Smiley boy!

Jackson is getting closer to becoming diaper-free. We have tee-teed in the potty many times and are headed in the right direction (jelly beans can be a great motivator).

So that's pretty much it. Not much new going on with me. I never did find my Max and miss him dearly. It was hard coming home without our entire family and there is a definite hole in my heart. The sadness is getting easier with time, and I have so much to be thankful for and happy about in the meantime....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh i have missed your blog and pictures!! :) thanks for the stationery, i love it!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm throwing that bathing suit away......

Russ said...

thanks for the update

I'm in macon for one more year (maybe more) - are you still cruising wal-mart, maybe that's where I'll see you and the boys next time? (ha)