Friday, July 18, 2008

Skinny: adjective; ??????????

Isn't it funny and sad how your definiton of skinny changes over time? When I was in college, I always wished I was just a little bit skinnier. Then I had my first baby and realized..."hey, wait a minute, I WAS skinny in college." The baby weight started to come off, but I never really got back to being my 'skinny self'.' Then baby # 2 came along and I realized....."hey, I WAS pretty skinny after baby #1". So I'm sure that if God decides to bless us with another child I will look back and say "hey, I WAS pretty skinny after baby #2"....which is just really sad to think about, because if what I look like now, could one day be considered skinny to me.......YIKES!

DISCLAIMER: Before I get any seething comments or e-mails, let me just clear up that I do not find myself fat in any way....I just wish I were skinnier, and there's nothing wrong with that :)

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I feel the same way!

Whitney said...

hey kristin!

i think the same thing every day! glad to know another mother out there has a new version of "skinny". too funny!

whitney elliott tingle

lucinda said...

You know, when I was in High School, I thought I was so fat b/c I was 2 inches shorter and 10 lbs heavier than my f`riends and now, I'd give a toe off of my left foot to be that small again.