Thursday, October 14, 2010

Match Day

Match Day has not really gone in our favor in the past. But this time, it was a different story. We got our #1 choice and are going to Nashville, TN! We are so excited, and still just can't believe it all worked out. If you don't know much about the "match" process, it is simialr to fraternity/sorority rush. You don't get to just interview places, get offers, and pick where you want to go...it's much more complicated than that. Match Day is much like Bid Day...you don't really have any idea where you could end up until you finally read those words "Congratulations! You matched _____". To say that I am proud of my husband doesn't even begin to describe it. He has worked SO hard for SO many years...the joy and pride I feel for him is so great. This has been a stressful process, and we are happy for it to finally be over...and even more happy with the outcome. God is so faithful...we can't wait to see how he uses us for his service in Nashville.


Now, don't get me wrong...I am still very sad to be leaving Macon. But I guess if I have to go somewhere for a 2 year adventure...Nashville is about as good a place as I could ask for. Everyone has told us what a wonderful city it is, and that we may very likely not want to leave after living there for 2 years. I know parts of it will be hard, and there will be struggles, but I also know that there are many great things in store for us there...and, most importantly, that Brad will get some of the best training in the country at Vanderbilt.

And these girls will make the move a little easier too :)...

Three of my best friends from college live in Nashville (including my beautiful maid of honor to my left :)). I am so excited about living in the same city with them. There is a great comfort for me in moving to a new city where I already know people...not just people, but dear friends who are wonderful wives, mothers, and Christians. I love these ladies so much, and can only imagine the fun we are going to have in the years to come.

So Nashville...I hope you're ready for the Dennis family :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this makes me sad...i mean don't get me wrong - we are THRILLED for you- but we will miss ya'll. You have become so dear to us over the past 3 years and it will be sad to not see Abby May grow up- anyway it just hit me that this is really happening!

Pam Burrus said...

That is so awesome!!!! And even MORE awesome that you are with your friends!! Congrats to your entire fam!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am just now seeing this post. Very excited for ya'll and can't wait to hear about your adventures in Nashville!!