Thursday, October 28, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Time to play catch up! We've been quite busy, so I thought I would just post a quick re-cap with some pictures so that I don't get behind. Here's what we've been up to the past few weeks.

We spent our annual "Day out with Thomas", which is always a big hit for my Junior Engineers. Thanks Chief and Kikye for treating us to a day of fun!

Pumpkin time! (We finally wised up and decided to spare ourselves from the self-inflicted torture of trying to obtain a decent picture at the pumpkin patch)

My little boy who does NOT like to get messy. One time in the goop, and he was done.

Carving with Daddy...a surgeon in the making :)

The boys wanted a train carving...shocking, I know.

Our annual Halloween cookie baking extravaganza! Makes a HUGE mess...but our Halloween tradition, and so fun to bake with my little boy. (And if you're worrying about Luke being left out...he gets to join in next year :))

A little sneak peak at our Halloween costumes :) And you're missing the best part (the tails), so be sure to check back after Halloween :)

And now for an update on our little girl. I'm not sure who is more excited about her arrival...Brad and I, or the boys. She's still in the womb, and this little girl is doted on, shopped for, and talked about more than any of us who are actually living in this house. So last week, when we hit the 100 days away mark, Jackson and I decided to make a chain to countdown her arrival. Jackson is very big on time and how much longer we have to wait for things, so we are often making chains, countdown calendars, etc. I let him pick the colors, he helped me cut all the strips, tape them together, and voila....

And every morning, Jackson can hardly wait to tear off a ring, mark through the old number and replace it with one less.

It makes us all exctied.

And it makes Mommy think of her long to do list, and become nervous. I am so ready to meet this precious daughter of mine...to see what color her hair and eyes will be, who in our family she will look like, dress her in all the precious clothes I have found for her.

But practically, are we ready? No. There is still so much to do, and so much to get before her arrival. And I know there are still 3 more months, but those 3 months are already filled with lots of other 'to dos', and thinking about how I'm going to fit them all in makes me anxious. But it will get done.

And I will enjoy every minute of it :)

1 comment:

natalie said...

I've got the giggles about getting ready for baby. I completely understand. Our Luke is due in two weeks and I'm NO WHERE near ready. Our house is a disaster, my classroom is a nightmare and I haven't had one moment of nesting. I'm spending today getting the "kids" room organized and his stuff put away so at least I'll know where his clothes are!! :) I can't even begin to do a to-do list because I know 3/4 of it will most likely never get done at this point. I only have 14 days until he's due!

Off the computer now and back upstairs. (I am going to squeeze in a pedicure today since it's my b'day!)