Friday, November 14, 2008

So what?

Hopefully, you are hearing the song "So What?" by Pink (if not, turn up your volume). This has (somewhat unfortunately) become Jackson's favorite song. I really like this song...it somehow became my choice of outlet last month when I had just had enough, needed to blow off some steam, keep from losing it...whatever. I guess I played it more often than I realized, because Jackson has started requesting it when we get in the car, or just singing it at random times throughout the day. He'll say "Mommy, play the na na na na song.". Oh no...what have I done? If you're not familiar with the song, listen to it. Then you will understand why I am not so happy that it has become a favorite of my almost 3 year old and why I am a little disturbed that he knows all the words :( But with all the music that is out there these days, I guess it could be worse.
In my defense, Jackson has an INCREDIBLE memory and only needs to hear things once or twice before he has them memorized :)

*I just wanted to add that I like the music, not necessarily the lyrics, of this song. In no way does this reflect how I feel about my dear husband.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

how funny! i have to say that i have a hard time deciding what to listen to when ethan is around! but i love that song too!!!

Abby said...

You mean you are allowed to listen to real music in the car? Hannah only allows me to listen to Psalty, Raffi, or her music class CDs. =)
I do understand why you wouldn't want him to learn the song but its pretty catchy! Their minds are like little steel traps, aren't they?!?!
I can just see him now on the first day of preschool showing off to his teacher his favorite song. Good luck with that one! =)

Kristen said...

VERY rarely am I allowed to listen to my music of choice in the car...usually it is veggietales, vinko, or between the lions.

Katie said...

Kristen - I enjoyed reading your blog. Your boys are so cute. It looks like ya'll are having a blast. I actually have a Luke too. He is 6 months old. I am glad to see that things are going well for you guys. Katie (Elliott) Burnett

Meredith said...

Too funny. The boys listen to what mommy wants which is usually Rush or Hannity. I often wonder what Clayton is going to pick up from them and say at school!

Meredith said...

Too funny. The boys listen to what mommy wants which is usually Rush or Hannity. I often wonder what Clayton is going to pick up from them and say at school!