Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Oh Christmas Card Picture, Oh Christmas Card Picture...

...you are so frustrating!"

I don't know why it's so important to me. The annual Christmas card picture. Every year around Halloween (who am I kidding, it starts way before that), I start to think about and plan for our Christmas card picture. I guess it's because there have become so few occasions that we are all together, Brad is awake enough to participate, and there is someone there to take the picture. Every year, I plan. I plan the opportunity, the outfits, the 'photographer', the right time, etc. And every year I am disappointed. Someone is cranky, no one will smile, no one will look at the camera, someone's face is extra shiny (me), someone spits up all over their outfit (Brad...just kidding), somone falls on their way to the sofa for the picture and just can't get over it...always something.
But every year it works out. I always end up having a wonderful picture to use. I just wish I didn't cause myself so much stress in the process.
So the new picture you see in the header is the winner. I would have liked one of the whole family, but that just became too complicated to coordinate. It was hard enough to get this one. I pray that my neighbors were not secretly filming me from their house...I had to be quite an idiot to get those precious smiles. Below are some of the humorous failed attempts :)

After the fall on the way to the couch


Still can't get over it and Luke is lost somewhere in my hair


I think maybe the static electricity was getting to him


Stop taking pictures!


Oh heavens...


Could they look less interested?


No idea what they're looking at, but it looks quite disturbing


Ha ha ha...my mom is such a moron!


Hey daredevil...she told you to "HOLD ON!"


I think Jackson is holding Luke hostage.


Maybe I should just go ahead and book my friend Whitney for next year :)

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

OMG! Whatever you went through to get that precious it was totally worth it. Your boys are absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

I always laugh out loud when i read your blogs... you are too funny! Whatever you did worked.... i LOVE the final picture!

Katie said...

That is too funny...we went through the same thing trying to get a photo for ours on Thanksgiving. I love the final photo and the others are GREAT memories that you will always have!

Susie said...

that is hilarious!!! i love your post! sounds just like my house and i think i have just given up. the card seriously is so adorable! those boys are just precious! your efforts were well worth it!

thanks so much for dropping my purse off! i really appreciate it.