Friday, September 3, 2010

It's a............

GIRL!!!
Can you believe it? I can hardly believe it myself. We are sooooooo excited! I love being a mom to my two boys, and would have been excited about adding another one to the team, but oh how I wanted a daughter :)
If you know me well, you know that I cannot wait on anything. Which is why those of you who know me so well totally called my bluff when I said "We don't think we're going to find out."
Yeah, right.
Me? Mrs. Impatient? The girl who ruins her own surprise parties? The girl who tells you what she's bought you for Christmas long before it's even wrapped? It wasn't gonna happen. We knew that we would find out all along...we just wanted it to be on our own time and on our own terms. I thought that telling people we weren't going to find out would keep them from bugging me.
I was wrong.
So, ever the impatient one, we pulled a few strings, called in a few favors, and had an ultrasound at 16 weeks. I will never forget those words "It's a girl." We were pretty positive, but still wanted to wait until our 20 week ultrasound to make any big announcements.
My 20 week ultrasound is over a week away.
I told you...impatient.
So we went back up today (thankfully, they were slow), and got her to check one more time. Definitely a girl :) The boys were able to go with us and see their baby sister. Jackson was absolutely precious. He is so excited, and I know he's going to make such a good big brother. Luke...well, it will be an adjustment for my little mama's boy.
I am over the moon. On cloud nine. And maybe, just maybe....a little terrified.
My prayers have been answered, my wishes come true, a longing fulfilled.
God is so good. He's so good to me.
*make sure you check the sidebar for Jackson's funny saying about the baby*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen, I am so excited for you!!!! I know that you will be such a wonderful mom to a sweet baby girl!! I am sure that it will be completely different than what we've gotten used to with our boys! You'll be great!

lucinda said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! So happy for you guys!!! Get ready for ribbons and bows and a fun little shopping partner!! :-)

Abby said...

yay Kristen!!!!! Having a daughter is amazing! I'm so excited you also get to experience both! Jackson and Luke are going to be such great big brothers!! :)

Beth said...

Congrats! That's really exciting...you'll no longer be the odd-girl-out!