Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy 30th Brad!

Ok, so I feel a little horrible that I was not more on top of this post. I realize that it looks bad that I gave my cat a nice, long, lots of pictures, on time post....and my poor husband gets the "Uh-oh. It's 10 pm the day AFTER Brad's 30th birthday and I still haven't mentioned it on the blog....and I just got home from my marathon tennis match, and all I want to do is take a shower and go to bed, but I'll do something real quick" post. So sorry honey. But those who know me might not be too surprised that I gave the four-legged creature in the family better recognition. Maybe Brad should start walking on all fours if he wants to get some respect around here ;)
We had a pretty low key celebration for the big 3-0. Brad did get to spend it at home, ALL DAY, with us...so I'd say that was a pretty big celebration, actually. I made him a big breakfast (his favorite meal of the day), we opened presents, ate cupcakes, and went to dinner with his parents. And probably the biggest surprise of the day was the gift from them....7 day passes to Disney for our family!!!!! We can't wait to start planning our trip! Here are a few pictures I took just to capture that the day did, in fact, occur :) We are celebrating more this weekend at the lake with some friends and I'll post those pics later. Happy Birthday, honey! We love you!

The lame-o cupcake with a tea light because I didn't have any candles
Daddy with his precious boys

Chief, Jackson, and Daddy...wearing the ties Jackson made them for Father's Day

And Happy Anniversary to my parents....38 years of marriage!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Tell Brad welcome to the club for me. That is so awesome about yall going to Disney. How exciting!!!!!!!!!!

Rebekah said...

If it makes you feel better - I had an emergency candle on my 30th birthday cake. It never occurred to Peter to check for birthday candles! Happy birthday to Brad!

Katie said...

Ya'll will have to much fun at Disney! I can't wait until Luke is a little older and we can take him!