Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arrrggg...computers!

Our computer is broken...my life has come to a hault. Isn't that sad? Well, not really a hault, but it has been considerably slowed down. I am using Brad's laptop from work, but do not have access to my pictures, my songs, my...STUFF!(the laptop will not recognize our external hard drive where all of this info is kept for whatever reason)
So I will blog what I can, with the pics that I have on my camera. Hopefully my genious younger brother can save me from this technilogical disaster by fixing it this weekend :)

Pumpkin carving...and pegging?



Brad, pulling the goop out of the mommydaddy pumpkin. He carved a really cool pirate ship on it, but we were unable to get a picture before it rotted into our front stoop. Gross, I might add.


Jackson, with his peg pumpkin. We used this little kit that is basically like turning your pumpkin into a light bright. Pretty neat.

Jackson loves animals. We have oodles and oodles of them at our house (alive and toys). Every week, he gets the toy ones out, and lines as many as will fit around the edge of the coffee table...our weekly animal parade.



I'd like to add that they are in a very specific order. The same order, every time. And Lord help the person that tries to 'change up' that order.


We have a bug issue at our house every spring and fall. Not inside, but out. It is gross, I hate it, and the box elder bug has become public enemy number one in my book. If you're not familar with the box elder bug, please, check it out. If you are, please contact me and you can join the support group I found online. I'm not kidding...they are the bane of my existence. The time that is not spent caring for my children, husband, and pets, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, paying bills, putting children in time out, changing diapers, etc., is spent killing box elder bugs. They come in great numbers. I kill them, and more are there the next day. This fall their area of choice has been Jackson's playhouse, sandbox, and swing set. I say all of that to tell you this.
On Friday it rained. It rained, and rained, and rained. Jackson insisted on going outside. Finally, I agreed. I suited him up in his raincoat and puddle boots, and out he went, on a mission. Here is what I captured.






The poor child went out to kill bugs. Marched down the steps, straight to his house, picked up a stick, and began to kill bugs. I guess he sees me do it every day and was thinking, "I know it's raining, but there are bugs out there on my property, and we need to do some bug killin' " I'm glad he's for my cause, but I did feel a little bad.

And here is just a cute picture of my cute little boys, just lying on the floor...being cute.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Too funny. Clayton likes to line up his stuffed animals as well. Good luck with the bugs.