Friday, January 14, 2011

One week

One week. In just 7 short days, our little girl will be here. Surreal probably sums it up the best...and ready :). If you're doing the math, yes, her arrival has moved up by about 10 days. Lots of things factored into this decision that are probably too personal to share in such a public forum, so I'll just say that after much discussion between Brad, myself, and our doctor, we decided to welcome our little girl into the world on January 21st.
Jackson can hardly stand it. His countdown chain is getting shorter by the day, he loves to look through all of her stuff (and believe me, she's got a LOT to look through), and he's always talking about what she'll be like. He has even made a pretty good guess at her numbers...7 lbs, 10 oz, and 20 inches long. Luke thinks she will have black hair and black eyes...mmmm.
So we are enjoying our last week as a family of 4 (well, 7 if you count the animals...which I do). Next week, we will be forever (for now) a family of 5 (8 :)). I am nervous, anxious, scared, but most of all, just excited...and extremely thankful.
The nesting is in full swing, although I would be getting a lot more accomplished if I could sleep at night and have the energy during the day to actually "nest". Doesn't that seem cruel? That with one week before I have no choice but to go without sleep, I sleep at most, about an hour at a time? It's miserable...but totally worth it. The weird thing is that the little increments of sleep that I do get are filled with crazy dreams. For example...last night I dreamed that my mom and I were out shopping for my birthing gown. Yes, my birthing gown. It was quite similar to a wedding dress. Big and white, with a huge ball gown skirt. Only, it was filled with my big pregnant self and I was going to give birth in it :) The dressing rooms at the salon were even equipped with stirrups so you could get the "full effect" of just how you would look in your big white gown as you were birthing your bloody, messy baby. Lovely.
The nursery. Oh, the nursery :) I have waited 5 years to have my lovely little pink-bathed nursery, and I have had SO much fun bringing everything together. I am not finished quite yet. I promise to post pictures when I am. For now, I'll leave you with the before pictures of sweet Luke's nursery...which is now, a thing of the past...
So these last few days I will try my best to rest, I will love on these sweet boys and animals of mine who's lives are about to change yet again, and I will try not to be overwhelmed with emotion as I think that in 7 short days, I will be holding my daughter in my arms :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see her! I know how you feel wanting to do all pink!! i would love to have a pink room! :) good luck next week!