Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Train guy

My child is obsessed with trains. I never knew someone could be so fascinated by every single aspect of one thing...TRAINS. Real ones, pretend ones, track, stations, bridges, crossing arms, conductors, couplings, cargo...it is never ending...and oh so precious. He loves to study his "train maps". "Train maps" are simply any kind of pamphlet or brochure advertising trains of any kind. And when I say study, I mean really study. He looks at them for HOURS on end. One of his favorites is a brochure for the Red Sightseeing Train in Saint Augustine (which we plan to ride this summer). It lives in the car, so that is where he studies it.


I feel like I'm driving a mini tourist around town. This past weekend, we discovered that there is a mini train at the Macon Mall....and WOW, was someone excited. We were sitting in the food court eating dinner when Jackson screams "I hear a train! Mommy, did you hear that CHOOOOO?!" I'm thinking, 'Ok, this child is so obsessed, he's hearing imaginary trains now.' But then, sure enough, here comes a train down the aisle of the mall. WHAT??? Apparently it comes on the weekend and gives rides around the mall. Man, I wish that had been my idea. These people must make a killing ($3 for adults, $2 for kids).


So Jackson and I rode the train...and I'm sure we will be going back again very soon :)

Trying to figure out how it works
Riding in the blue car...only because the caboose was already taken.Not sure what happened here, but it looks like I might be having more fun than Jackson.

Notice the little blonde head hanging out :)


4 comments:

Beth said...

Too Cute!!!
Do you remember Marla Miklos from high school...she had a stint driving the train in the Athens mall for awhile! :)

lucinda said...

Yep, it's an obsession. Will has always had one with anything that has wheels and an engine. They have a train like that at the Mall in Rome now and yes, they are making a killing! I made Joel ride it with Will.... I spent my $3 on a large Diet coke from from the Food Court Chic-fil-A.

Katherine said...

I know you're just using Jackson as an excuse to ride in the kiddie train!

Susie said...

very cute! love all the quotes on the side! that is clever!