Thursday, January 29, 2009

Start the car!!!


This was exactly how I felt after I checked out at Toys R Us the other day. Only it was just me and the kids and there was no one to start the car. So it was more like "Just get the merchandise out to the car and drive away before they realize they've made a mistake." I really could not believe the deal I had gotten. My immediate thought was..."That was such a good deal. I should probably buy more than one." But really, who needs more than one of these....

Yes, we are now the proud owners of 'a jumpy thing'. As if I needed one more outdoor toy to find storage for in my garage. I don't want anyone to pass out after learning what I paid for this, so let's just say that I got it for about 80 % off. I had been debating for about a month on whether or not we should invest in one of these. And after the other day when Jackson head-butted Luke to the ground 5 times before lunch, I said, "Get in the car boys, we're headed to Toys R Us." I thought that spending the money on a jumpy thing was probably more affordable than what a concussion for Luke might run me. I was more than pleasantly surprised, and shocked even, when the cashier told me my total. I quickly signed the receipt, abruptly ended Jackson's 50 cent ride on Pumba, and hurried to the car. I thought, 'Just get the kids in, start the car, and get out of here!' And all my girls can probably guess what my next thought was...'I spent soooo much less than the amount I had budgeted and what Brad and I had agreed on...which means......Ok, well, Brad reads this too, so I'll have to tell you later what I did with the surplus :)
Here are some pictures of one happy little boy in his 'jumpy fing'



Luke, on the other hand, did not enjoy the jumpy thing so much...


He was much happier as an observer in his walker, enjoying a piece of toast.


Another plus to the jumpy thing...it finally gave me some time to put together one of Luke's Christmas presents :)


He was quite happy :)

4 comments:

Katherine said...

So, what time can we come over tomorrow!!! That's awesome. I can't believe you own a "jumpy thing". Jackson's smiles are priceless.

Abby said...

That is hysterical!!! I love that commercial and I couldn't stop laughing through your entire post. How exciting about your jumpy fing!! Luke looks so grown up and precious!

lucinda said...

the jumpy thingy needs to come to thanksgiving, LOL

Susie said...

umm, can we come over and play?!!!