Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Luke

Today my baby is 2. Everyone always says time flies, and it truly does. But I have enjoyed every minute of it. Luke, you truly bring such joy to our family. Your carefree attitude, smile, and downright cuteness make it hard for anyone to be down around here for more than a second. I love you so much and am so happy and thankful that God entrusted you to me. Since I have not been the best about keeping your journal up to date, here are just a few things about what you're up to, and what makes you oh so special :)
  • You are so smart. You know all of your shapes (including the odd ones like octagon, oval, and diamond), your colors, and you can count to 10 all by yourself....sometimes you even get brave and make it to 12 :)
  • You LOVE to be outside. You would live down by the creek behind our house if I would let you...throwing rocks into it all day long.
  • You think Jackson, or Jazzy as you call him, hung the moon. I love seeing the special relationship between the two of you grow, and I hope you grow even closer over the years.
  • You always cross your ankles when you sit down. You have since you were little, and it is the cutest little habit.
  • You say "OK" all the time, to anything. And you manage to say it in the cutest way possible.
  • You love the Frosty the Snowman cartoon. You ask me to play it every day.
  • Your favorite foods are strawberries, ketchup, and strawberry jam...oh, and let's not forget chicken nuggets.
  • You like to say "Mama, juknowhat?" (do you know what?). You never have anything to say after I say "what?", but you ask me that all the time.
  • Whenever I ask you a question, you always start off by saying "how 'bout..."
  • You suck your thumb, but only when you have your 'bank bank'. The minute your little fingers feel your lovey, your thumb goes into your mouth...but never any other time.
  • You fall down a lot....not because you are clumsy, but because you don't really walk anywhere. You are always running.
  • When you get angry, you cross your arms and make a grunting sound. Only, you cross your arms out in front of your body instead of up against your chest. So Daddy and I call you the Angry Genie when you get mad :)
  • You hold your breath. You have done this since you were a baby, and I can't figure out why. It's like you forget to breathe. When you are really upset, you hold it until you pass out.
  • You are so stinkin' cute, that sometimes I think I might squeeze you to death.

Here are just a few of my favorite Lukey pictures

Happy Birthday, Luke! We love you so much!

No comments: