Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beach trip countdown

Our annual family beach trip is at the end of this month, and it's a close competition to determine who's the most excited around here. But Jackson may be the winner with his 'Beach Trip Countdown Calendar'. Each night before bed, we pick out a beach sticker to mark off that day....and then we count the # of empty squares that remain, so Jackson can say
"Only ___ more days 'til we go to Teddy's beach house!"
(Sorry, Grandpa. You don't own anything...it all belongs to Teddy)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As long as I don't have to pay the mortgage, I'm good with that!

Meredith said...

Cute way to count down. I like the calendar idea. I may use that for our Disney trip. Last year I did a paper chain but I like yours better. What size paper is that?

Kristen said...

It's just a standard 8 1/2 x 11. I did it on Publisher, and we use beach stickers to mark off the days. That would be cute for Disney...and you could get Disney stickers to decorate and use for countdown.