Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

The boys both got some Valentine's Day goodie bags on Saturday. Jackson gets excited about any holiday, especially ones that involve presents. And lucky for him, I love any excuse to give presents. He is so appreciative and excited about any gift he gets. He opened his bag and with each item he pulled out said "A (fill in the blank)! Just what I needed!" He is so funny. Luke, on the other hand, was not interested in any of his gifts and just wanted to take everything that Jackson got...very typical in our house.




I was gone most of the day to Atlanta to take care of some things I had to do for a consignment sale....so Brad was home with the boys. I didn't get home until about 8 on Saturday night, and was pleasantly surprised to come home to this lovely sight in my bathroom...
What a wonderful Valentine's gift! Brad had the boys bathed and in bed, and had this luxurious bath set up for me to enjoy. There were rose petals, candles, cookies, chocolate, wine...it was heaven. And he even had his i phone set up with a relaxing selection of music for me to enjoy. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who knows just what I need! He put so much thought and time into such a perfect gift. And even more special was the fact that he did it all post call (after having not slept the night before), and while taking care of 2 boys all alone (did I mention that he packed them both up for the trip to the store to get all the supplies?) Brad, you are such a wonderful husband and father and I love you so much!
Also, notice how he laid out my towel, slippers, and bathrobe...such a sweetheart :)

Cookies, chocolate, wine....mmmm.
I had to take one without the flash to capture the mood.

Thank you for a perfect Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm impressed!!!!

Katherine said...

Way to go, Brad! Kristen, I'm glad you got to relax a bit.

Susie said...

wow...i am very impressed and a bit jealous! it does look like heaven to me! maybe brad could give joe some pointers!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, Brad is such a romantic! That's awesome!
Also, I love the boys pajamas! They are so cute!